ChaloHoppo to the festival of the golden valley
A valley that remains quiet throughout the year lights up in September to host a unique outdoor music festival. The beautiful location, variety of music on offer and an amazing camping experience makes this festival special. The dates for this year’s Ziro Music Festival are September 28th to October 1st, 2017. Order your gumboots now!
Reviews 3 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Large Group
Good things such as the Ziro festival don’t come easy, and the journey many would tell you is the toughest part of the venture.
But with proper planning and guidance this trip becomes easy.
The moment you enter Ziro your tiredness vanishes, as the golden hues of the paddy fields hypnotise you. Though the festival organisers do their best to make the setting look pretty, nature has done 90% of the job and one needs to witness it to understand it.
Since it is an outdoor music festival, the essence of the experience festival lies in camping and bonding over the bonfire. So, even though there are different accommodation options such as homestays and a few hotels, camping is the best way to go.
Come, feel the nippy air at night and revel with like-minded visitors.Your 4 days of camping at ZFM 2017 can be broken down like this:
- Enjoying some great music and food at the festival
- Walking through the pristine Ziro valley and learning about Apatani culture
- Jamming with local musicians and partying
- Fishing the local way in the morning and partying in the evening
- Cycling through Apatani villages and gorging on local food
- Drinking Apong (local rice brew)and partying
Twin sharing accommodation in special extra large heat resistant, water resistant Arpenaz Fresh & Black 3 person tent or in lay man terms ‘the no hangover tents’
Package 1.1. Four nights of camping with breakfast + *transport – Rs. 11,000/-
Package 1.2. Four nights of camping with breakfast – Rs. 7800/-
Package 1.3 Four nights of camping in the complete package – Rs 15,750/-
- Package 1.4 Pitch your own tent in the ChaloHoppo campsite – Rs 900/- per person per night
1. Guided village walk where you get to interact with, and photograph Apatani people and their lives, try traditional attire and jewellery and have a cup of tea with them. – Rs 500/- per person
2. Fishing in traditional Apatani style, where we trek to a paddy field, catch the fish guided by locals and carry them back to our campsite to cook it in traditional Apatani way. Rs 500/- per person
If you wish to travel and explore more of Northeast India after the festival then get in touch with us here
*Transport is inclusive of sleeper class train tickets, Inner Line permits and Tata Sumos from Naharlagun station to the festival venue
Terms and conditions apply
Inclusions in the complete package of Rs 15,750/-
- Festival passes
- Breakfast for 4 days, delicious and unlimited that comes from a live kitchen in the middle of nowhere where you can eat staple fod when you get tired of experimenting.
- Train tickets from Guwahati to Naharalagun (the nearest station to Ziro)
- Sumo pick up from Naharlagun station and drop to the campsite
- After the festival is over pick up from Ziro campsite and drop to Naharlagun station
- Train tickets for the return journey to Guwahati
- And the best thing is that in these 4 days 2 people sleep comfortably in 3 person tents with sleeping bags, pillows and mats, so you will feel like a queen/ king
- Apart from this the campsite has charging station which will work for 2 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening
- Luggage room for you to keep your bags and not crowd your tent (carry individual locks)
- clean bathrooms and lavatories
- Apart from that we also have a live band for jamming session coming all the way from Cherrapunji
- We haven’t even mentioned bonfire and the INNER line permits yet.
So you aren’t just paying for tents, you are paying for a parallel experience which begins as soon as the festival shuts for the day.
P.S. This is all that money is buying you, the love, care and concern from our team is totally un-quantifiable and something that we can’t brag about until you go home satisfied.
1. Air fare
2. Lunch and dinner (available on request at Rs 200 per plate for veg and Rs 250 per plate for non veg)
3.All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above
3. Anything not specifically mentioned in inclusions
4.Driver and campsite helper tips (if any)
5. Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
6. Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Day 1 (27th September)
A memorable train ride to enter Arunachal Pradesh
Land in Guwahati by afternoon on the 27th of September 2017. The only train from Guwahati which takes you to Naharlagun(the nearest railhead to Ziro) leaves at 9 20 pm. All the festival goers shall gather at the station at 8 pm.
Day 2 (28th September)
Tata Sumos and the road to Ziro
A 4 to 5 hour ride and one food stop later, you enter the dusty little town of Ziro and head to the outskirts where the golden paddy fields and your ChaloHoppo village (ChaloHoppo campsite) awaits you.
Run to your tent for dramatic effect; freshen up, then guzzle a bamboo mug full or two of the local rice beer.
The campsite will have different varieties of meat and vegetarian starters to choose from including some delicious smoked pork and other local delicacies. Enjoy.
Day 3 (29th September)
Ziro Festival begins
Make your way to the Ziro festival venue(walking distance from the campsite) as and when you like and meet up with hundreds of other like minded travellers and music lovers.
These 4 days are your perfect getaway. Relax, enjoy, listen to some beautiful music and do whatever you’ve wanted to. Sleep under the starlit sky, balter around a bonfire or snuggle up in your tent.
Day 4 (30th September)
Walking through one of Asia's largest villages
Head out for a walk with ChaloHoppo’s local guide and get a sneak peek into the Apatani way of life. A cup of tea and some fresh vegetables can also be tried while sitting inside a traditional Apatani home.
By 1 pm go to the festival grounds and come back whenever you feel like to a buzzing campsite, to jam with Tenny and Boi (A local band from Cherrapunji who will travel with us)
Day 5 (1st October)
Fishing with the locals
Get down on your knees and into the muddy paddy fields of Ziro valley to catch some fish with your bare hands, that’s right, no nets, no rods, only your bare hands and a basket to collect your catch.
Head to the festival by 1 pm and party into the night.
Come for the jamming session at night.
Day 6 (2nd October)
Bidding goodbye to Ziro
Freshen up in the morning, collect the phone numbers of all the awesome people you’ve met and bid your new friends goodbye. Drive down to the station after breakfast and board your overnight train for Guwahati.
Day 7 (3rd October)
Flying out of Guwahati
The train reaches Guwahati early in the morning around 5 am. You can board your flights, preferably scheduled around 9 am or later.
- Rainproof tents equipped with inflatable mattresses, blankets and pillows.
- Access to 24 hour running water supply.
- Clean and hygienic toilets and bathrooms( 8 toilets and 6 bathrooms)
- Electricity backup with charging points.
- Luggage room
- Kitchen area
- First aid kit
- Air conditioners
- Any form of luxury
More than 45 Days prior to arrival : 75% refund
30 -45 Days prior to arrival : 50% refund
15- 30 Days prior to arrival : 25% refund
Less than 15 Days prior to arrival : 0% refund
Please carry basic stuff like tooth, brush, shorts, slippers, change of clothes.
1 sweater/jacket as the temperatures will be low, and a sleeping bag (optional).
Do not forget your sports/trekking shoes
Rain coats/ ponchos
We will have pick up and drop facility to and from the Guwahati airport once you share the arrival time of your flight.
Campsite: Please avoid carrying plastic bottles or even buying sealed bottles while at the venue as want to have a litter free zone as much as possible.
the current could pull you in.
Food: Apart from complimentary breakfast provision for lunch and dinner will be made available on pre order.
Service: Though we will try our best to give you great service, please understand we won’t be able to give you hot towels, bed tea and the like.
• Check out time is 12:00 hours.
• Slot at the campsite will be confirmed only upon receipt of full payment
• Only campers registered with ChaloHoppo are allowed at the campsite. If you intend to bring a guest, you have to notify ChaloHoppo in advance and a decision will be taken accordingly
• All guests must have government authorised valid Identity Card to check in.
• Guests are requested to respect the local traditions and customs
• ChaloHoppo does not take responsibility for any refund arising out of any natural or man-made calamities that may occur
• ChaloHoppo won’t be responsible for loss and damage of goods belonging to the guests
• Any damage to tents, sleeping bags, pillows or any other material belonging to ChaloHoppo in the campsite is subject to full payment of the product MRP with an additional cost of Rs. 500/- for every item towards procurement charges
• ChaloHoppo reserves the right to cancel, change the price, venue or inclusions with or without any prior notice to the guests if the situation demands
• Once the campers are out of the campsite premises, ChaloHoppo doesn’t take responsibility of their whereabouts